I love eggs benedict. For starters it is made of 2 parts happiness and 1 part relaxation – how can you not love that? There is no better way to start a weekend than a lie in, eggs benny and a good book. It is a recipe for total bliss. Too often we get caught up running around doing all the things that need to be done. And those things are important. But so is truly loving your life. Experiencing the moment you are in. And making the most out of every moment we have together. Join me for brunch?
- 2 eggs
- 2 large mushrooms
- A sprinkle of fresh rosemary
- Handful of baby spinach
- Knob of butter
- Whatever kind of bread type product you like – English muffins, Turkish bread, thick cut toast. Or in my case, gluten free English Muffins.
- Nudie brand orange juice
Enhanced Happiness Options
Avocado, bacon, brie, halloumi, chai latte.
Hollandaise sauce is time consuming, fiddly and creates dishes. And while I appreciate how good the real deal is, the point of brunch is decadent laziness. And dishes are neither decadent nor lazy. To avoid worrying about your sauce splitting and making a mess you have to clean, substitute homemade hollandaise for Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce. It is found in the fridge near the veggies in Woollies.
- Put a pot of water on to boil or break out your egg poacher if you have one.
- Slice your mushrooms and finely chop the rosemary.
- Melt butter in a pan and add mushrooms and rosemary.
- Pour a glass of juice, take a sip and remember exactly how good Nudie Brand juices are.
- Put eggs in to poach.
- Consider doing something productive with your day.
- Laugh. Productive? You’re funny.
- Check you aren’t burning the mushrooms and add the baby spinach to wilt.
- Toast whatever bread type product takes your fancy this morning.
- Heat your hollandaise. Be careful not to overheat or it will split.
- Pour another juice, you know you drank the first one already.
- Find the nicest, most comfortable spot in the house/in the garden/on the balcony to sit.
- Read, eat eggs benny and forget the world exists for a moment.